Inter-lux has unveiled an updated and improved version of the Whitegoods Lightmeter app for Android and iOS devices. The $1.99 app, which has been downloaded more than 150,000 times, aims to be an indispensable tool for any lighting professional, putting all the functionality of a lightmeter (and more) into your pocket to take light level readings whenever and wherever needed.
Most lightmeter apps are designed for use by photographers, but the Whitegoods app has been created specifically for lighting designers. For example, it allows the user to record multiple light levels to projects, add images to those projects and publish the results.
The full feature set includes …
- Take light level readings with your phone. All readings are date-, time- and geo stamped
- Room Average function to take a series of readings throughout a room or space to find the average light level
- Timer function for tricky-to-reach spots where you can’t see the screen
- Record on the fly or save the results individually
- Add readings to particular projects, and even to rooms within a project
- Add photos to projects and rooms
- Create and distribute a professional pre-formatted PDF report of a single reading or an entire project, right from the app
- CCT meter function to record colour temperature
- Dedicated calibration for the ‘Luxi’ attachment to achieve the most accurate readings possible with a smartphone.